Sunday, November 25, 2007

Holiday Goodness

Let the holiday season commence.

After lazily purchasing a bag of Chex Mix last week I remember why I don't ever buy Chex Mix. It's false advertising. The appropriate name would be Chex Flavored Pretzel Mix. After digging out all the Chex and feeding half the pretzels to the dogs, I still have half a bag of pretzels left. It should be a crime.

So I made an emergency trip to the store this afternoon to buy a couple of boxes of Chex cereal and my first batch of holiday goodness is in the oven as we speak. In years past I've been known to have every available baking dish in the house rotating in and out of the oven full of Chex goodness. Jennifer and I could eat it for a meal when we lived together. But for now I'm just whipping up about half a batch, just enough for snackers tonight and maybe a little left over tomorrow.

To put it mildly, there are no pretzels anywhere near my Chex goodness. Back when I shared with Jen, I would make it with Goldfish. Now that I'm just making it for me, I dropped the Goldfish and replaced it with more Chex. I don't even bother with nuts anymore. I replaced them with more Chex. This is what the holidays are all about.

6 comments:

Supermom said...

OMG... we are twistedly alike.... I feed the pretzels to my dog yet still have way too many pretzels left over.

Susan said...

I used to have Casper trained to catch the goldfish in mid-air, until Jennifer busted me feeding him the goldfish and I got in trouble. Now I just have the Chex, so there isn't anything to feed him. He doesn't like it.

From the Doghouse said...

You should add more Chex to your mix.

Susan said...

Good plan! I'll have to make a note. I could eliminate the rice Chex and add more corn Chex... Really the wheat Chex are my favorite. They're smaller and more compact, so you get more goodness per square inch.

Webmaster said...

Sounds like a dang fine recipe...

Susan said...

You sure? You don't think it needs more Chex?