Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Best Tuesday Ever

I've made no secret of the fact that I am wildly in love with my husband. Tonight I have further proof of what an incredible man he is. We normally carpool to work every day, but he had to go out of town today and wasn't sure if he'd be back by quitting time, so we took separate cars. As it turned out he did get back and we left at the same time. Halfway home I get a text message that he had a quick stop to make and would be home in a bit. I didn't think anything about it and headed home. Thirty minutes later Greg walks in, announces that it's Official Susan Day, and hands me a Walmart bag.

Now I need to stop here and say this - the simple fact that my husband went to Walmart, ALONE, at 5:00 on a random weeknight, to do anything for me that wasn't an urgent life saving errand, is more impressive than I can ever explain. He hates Walmart, even in the middle of the night when it's deserted. The fact that he went to the mart to get me something as a surprise was an incredible compliment.

That said, I opened the bag and found a brand new Optimash Prime Transformers Mr. Potato Head! I almost cried. I love Mr. Potato Heads and had been wanting this one ever since I saw the Transformers movie! Then Greg announced that he was taking me to dinner with his own stuff money (we'd wiped out our dining out budget early this week) and I could pick where we go. Sigh. So after a yummy dinner and some quality time introducing Optimash Prime to Casper, I'm now curled up watching the 20th Anniversary of Shark Week. Susan Day is pretty cool. My husband is even cooler. He's the best husband ever. What a great Tuesday.

1 comment:

Lae said...

Hi,
Nice blog? What about link exchange with my one?
Here it is http://2funnyquotes.blogspot.com
If u agree, then post a comment on my blog.
Good Luck,
Lae