Thursday, September 18, 2008

Irony of the Best Kind

We have the nosiest neighbors on the planet. Ever since Jen and I moved in seven years ago they have known every single thing that has gone on outside our house. They have these huge plants on their back porch and we've seen them hide behind the plants watching us outside. I joked with Greg the first time he picked me up for a date that he'd better get me back because they had his tag number and description written down. We've never really taken offense at it, we always thought it was kinda funny. We also knew that if anything ever happened at the house, they'd know about it.

Today we were able to take advantage of the L's for the first time. Our crazy pup has suddenly, after five years, decided to become an escape artist. He's escaped three time in the past couple of weeks. I patched the place in the back of the fence where I thought he was escaping, but when we got home tonight he was out again. Sigh. I was getting very frustrated, since we are leaving on vacation next week and leaving him with a house sitter.

An hour or so after we got home, there was a knock at the door. Yup. Our neighbor, Mr. L. Casper was totally busted. Not only had Mr. L caught him out (and seen him nearly get hit by a car, which nearly made my heart stop) but had seen exactly how he had escaped, and corralled him back into the yard. Thank you, Mr. L, for being our spy. Bless you. Casper - your days of freedom are o-v-e-r. Busted.

1 comment:

From the Doghouse said...

I could make all sorts of comments, but I'll refrain.

;)