Thursday, April 3, 2008

Early Lessons

I got lost in the Walmart parking lot last night. No, that's not news or anything, it's just the background to why this came up. You see, when we started checking out I realized I'd forgotten something I'd meant to look at, so Greg finished checking out and took the bags to the car while I ran back to get what I needed. By the time I got outside I had no idea where the car was. I had a general idea of where we normally park and roamed in that area until Greg, who had been looking out for me knowing I had no idea where the car was, waved enough to get my attention.

Greg had realized when he got to the car that this was a bad plan, as it is normally his job to lead me back to the car anytime we go into a store with a big parking lot. He pointed this out last night, and reminded me that this is something he's known quite literally from the day we met.

That would have been at a midnight movie with a mutual friend. We left the movie at 3am. As we were walking through the parking lot Greg looked around and I was gone. He was a bit concerned and said something to our friend who responded, "Oh, she just lost her car and went looking for it. She'll find it eventually." Yep. And Greg's been in charge of finding the car ever since. Guess he's afraid that one day I won't find it and will be lost forever at the mall. That almost happened once in Vicksburg...

6 comments:

clstigger said...

Gosh I miss you daily craziness!

The Topiary Cow said...

This happened to Cow once at Belk, came out what she thought was where she parked, and it wasn't.

It is a horrible feeling for sure!

Moo!

From the Doghouse said...

Paint your car hunter's orange so you can find it easier.

Susan said...

TC - that's what happened to me at the mall in Vicksburg. Came out of the movies thinking I'd parked at that entrance, when I had actually parked at the McRae's at the other end of the mall! Luckily my friend drove me around until we found the car.

Doghouse - I'm not sure it would help. I drove a bright yellow 1968 Mustang in high school, still lost it in big parking lots!

Supermom said...

that's what I love about the 'clicker'!

Webmaster said...

One more reason to loathe Wal-Mart.