Thursday, April 3, 2008

Update on the Chief

I posted earlier about my former boss being diagnosed with a brain tumor, so I thought I'd share the update I got today. One of my covert spies at the bank forwarded me an email from his wife. It was determined that he had a fast growing marble sized tumor in his frontal lobe. The surgery successfully removed all visible signs of the main tumor, which was determined to be malignant, grade 4. As soon as he is physically recovered from the surgery, he will have chemo and radiation to erradicate any remaining tumor cells. He's still having a little trouble communicating and using the correct words, but his doctors said it was normal at this point and should improve.

I was glad to see the actual email from his wife. I worry about her. They have a very close relationship and I know she relies on him for a lot. We used to joke that she was destined for sainthood for putting up with him, but this is probably the most difficult thing she's ever been through. Thankfully, she sounded fairly positive in the email. She ended the email with this:

"We never know what God's plan for our lives is. Tell someone today that you love them, and that Jesus does too."

1 comment:

From the Doghouse said...

Hopefully he'll be fine soon. Thanks for the update.