Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Sprouts

I got sprouts!

I know, I know, sprouts aren't exactly a successful sign of growing plants from seeds, but for those of us who are seed challenged, it's at least a sign of progress.

But here's the problem. I planted 8 different types of seeds, including 72 indoor cell packs and 3 short rows of outdoor seeds. If half the seeds I planted came up, we'd have to move to a bigger place just to have room to plant all of them. I'm not exactly worried about that, as I don't expect hardly any of them to actually survive to full plant-hood.

The bigger problem? I sort of forgot to label which seeds I planted where...

6 comments:

Supermom said...

i love it when I get sprouts! Time to start hustling on what my husband calls my redneck garden!

From the Doghouse said...

That picture looks like a scene from Little Shop of Horrors!

Susan said...

And for that, Doghouse gets the gold star! I actually took a ton of those pictures and picked the one that looked the most "feed me, seymour!" I worked on the crew for our high school production of Little Shop a hundred years ago and my sprouts certainly brought back those memories!

And SM, what makes your garden so redneck? (So says the woman who grew okra in her front yard a few years ago...)

The Topiary Cow said...

Don't worry. The moment Bunny hears about your farm there won't be enough left to worry about.

Moo!

Webmaster said...

That can be your spring surprise. :)

Susan said...

If they survive that long! Since some are vegetables and some are flowers, and some need to be planted in pots and others in beds, I hoe I figure it out before I have to give them permanent homes! I do think I've identified a couple of them as they've started growing though.

And Bunny is welcome to all the spouts she wants. If my dog doesn't quit digging up my herbs, Bunny will also be welcome to all of his toys and snacks!