Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Insanity, and a Meme

If I seem to go missing this week it's because I probably ran screaming down the street and haven't stopped. This week had been beyond crazy. We start our fellowship interview this Friday (have you seen the weather forecast???) and continue through the end of the month. I'm completely in charge and the planning hasn't gone well. For once it's not because of anything I did or forgot to do, but just because we don't have enough faculty to do everything AND interview twelve candidates, don't have enough space to interview twelve candidates, and don't have enough time to get it all done because of someone else's procrastination and a constant changing of direction by the department leadership. So, fairly typical.

That aside, I'm going to take the time to post this meme, since I've been tagged half a dozen times now, before I dive back into my crazy world.

The rules are:
#1 - The first rule of Fight Club is, you do not talk about Fight Club.
#2 - The second rule of Fight Club is, you DO NOT talk about Fight Club.
#3 - If someone says stop, goes limp, taps out, the fight is over.

oh no wait, that was something else...

What I was doing 10 years ago:
Student teaching (make it stop!) and contemplating what the hell I'd do after that.

Five things on my to do list today:
Only five??
1. Tour the local Visitor's Centers for propaganda to put in my interview candidate packets.
2. Hopefully make my dr. appt at 3:30
3. Wash laundry
4. Pick up hubby at airport (YEAH!)
5. Collapse

Snacks I enjoy:
chips & dip, dark chocolate, peanut butter, grapes & apples

Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
Cry, pay off house, quit my job, hire a maid, go to Disney, buy a nice beach house, give lots and lots of it to awesome charities, like the March of Dimes (shout out to Stacey).

Three of my bad habits:
procrastination... oh, I'll get to the rest later

Five places I have lived:
1. Vicksburg, MS
2. Hattiesburg, MS
3. Burnside, MS
4. Ridgeland, MS
5. Clinton, MS

Five jobs I’ve had:
1. Residence hall desk assistant & resident assistant
2. Admin Assistant for Staff and Student Development (dang, that sounds important!)
3. Disney Store cast memeber
4. Personal Trust Officer
5. Education Administrator

I'd tag somebody, but I don't have time. Gotta finish emailing reminders and agenda's, order breakfast for Friday, make a zillion copies of applications for the interview binders and putting together random stuff for the candidate packets!

5 comments:

From the Doghouse said...

Disney? What was that like? And do you know why they shut them all down?

Supermom said...

no need to tag anybody as everybody has already been tagged! =)

miss the Disney store. =(

Webmaster said...

Where's Burnside?

Susan said...

Working for Disney was a lot of fun, but they are incredibly strict. Not just the actual performance, but even the dress code. We had the uniforms, which for women included both pantyhose and socks with white tennis shoes, no multiple earrings, no more than one ring per hand (except a wedding set), absolutely no dyed hair, the only fingernail polish allowed was clear or light coral... The music got on your nerves after a while, but I enjoyed it. I'm sure they closed most of them because they weren't profitable (believe it or not!). I worked at the one in H'burg from the day it opened and I don't think we ever met our weekly goals. There are still some of the outlets opened at some of the Tanger malls, but last time we were in Foley that one was closed. Not sure if it was permanent or just because of the construction.

Susan said...

And Sandi, Burnside is about 8 miles north of Philadelphia, MS. It's where my parents grew up. They moved back about a year after I left.