Saturday, April 26, 2008

How Bad Is It?

Bad enough we decided last Thursday to go ahead and cancel our garage sale.
Bad enough that earlier today we canceled my birthday dinner with Greg's fam.

I'm still sick. Coughing so much I don't sleep at night, and I can't imagine that Greg's been able to sleep much either. I was better enough to be able to cook and clean today, but not really well enough to do much at one time or to enjoy doing much of anything at all. Jennifer is also sick, and the third woman who was going to be doing the garage sale with us got some pretty bad news on Thursday regarding her mother-in-law's health. And of course it rained all morning. Let's face it, it just wasn't the weekend for a sale!

BUT, as bad as I've been feeling, and as much of an stressful and emotional roller coaster as I've been on the past five or six days (ya'll don't even know a fourth of it!), there's good stuff. The baby's doing great, for starters. They've posted some pictures on the racing forum here and here. I didn't want to just steal them, but I figured I could link to them! She should be going home this upcoming week. And by the way, I can't tell you how funny it is to read this thread on the forum and see all the tough, redneck, trash talking, curse like a sailor tough guys go all sappy about a sick baby.

I'm hoping for some good news on a different subject tomorrow, but I don't want to jinx it by saying anything yet. We'll see what tomorrow brings. Who am I kidding, we'll see if I can sleep any tonight and actually get out of bed tomorrow!

1 comment:

Webmaster said...

Get as much rest as you can. Drink all the fluids you can. Put your feet up, rest and take care of yourself.
Sorry you're still down. Hope you get well soon. :)