Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Good Plans Gone Wrong

I had yesterday off from work for the holiday and had hoped to do some fun things. Unfortunately, fun turned into sick and other than meeting my parents for lunch I accomplished... holding down the bed and watching some movies.

Not feeling a whole lot better today, and haven't had a decent night's sleep since Saturday, but have entirely too much to do to stay home. I may go home around lunch and just take a box of stuff with me to work on in my pj's. We have our second and final round of interviews on Friday and I absolutely cannot be out sick that day. I also absolutely have to finish putting together application binders and interview packets. I had this week's schedule all worked out, but now I'd rather just go home and sleep.

11 comments:

mayberry said...

I'm so sorry you're not feeling well.

Hope you get better soon.

From the Doghouse said...

What holiday?

Susan said...

My birthday, of course. In 33 years I've never once worked on my birthday, it's a holiday. Granted, I was forced to go to school on my birthday many times, but that was before I was legally allowed to make those decisions for myself!

BENJI said...

Don't look now, I'm a future Mississippian...Again! Oh and sorry you were sick!

Susan said...

I heard that rumor. And I thought you had been banned from Mississippi for good. Glad you're sneaking back in!

Stacey said...

You know, you work in a place with LOTS of beds. You could sneak a nap somewhere.

And happy birthday!

Supermom said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!

I'm so sorry I missed wishing you well yesterday.

What did Greg do for you special?

Susan said...

Based on our recent census, there are no free beds around here!

And Greg did several special things. Like go to Walmart to get me sore throat spray and orange juice. And setting up the vaporizer. And bringing me things I needed, like movies to watch from bed. Thankfully he'd decided to take me out to dinner the night before, otherwise I'd have been too sick to go!

The Topiary Cow said...

Sorry you are sick.

Glad you're holding down the bed though. Would be bad if it got away.

Moo!

Webmaster said...

Happy (belated) birthday. Greg sounds like a sweet heart, taking care of you when you're down. Hope you get well soon!

From the Doghouse said...

Sorry you're sick, especially on birthday week! Hope you shake this soon.