Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Deep Breaths. I Can Do It...

Wednesday is going to be a big day. I'm going back to my former job to spend the morning doing some fly-by training with my replacement. I think it says a lot for the people I worked with that they asked me to do it (and are paying me for my time, by the way) and that I'm willing to do it. Clearly, I did not work for Benefits, who, by the way, just started processing my insurance today and won't get it to BCBS until Friday, then 3-4 weeks to process with them. Thanks guys. Really. Anyway, after that I have a doctor's appointment at 1:20, so I'll be putting in a full day. This is much harder for me than it would have been two weeks ago, as I haven't gone more than about 3 hours without feeling seriously nauseous in the past week and a half.

For the few of you who aren't already aware, yes, that's why I'm going to the doctor. We suspect I have a sort of parasite, the kind that'll cure itself with another 7 1/2 months and a few hours of labor. That's as far as I'm going until I see proof on the sonogram tomorrow! My other hope is for good drugs. Very good drugs. At least enough where I can stand up without feeling queasy.

That's if I get through the morning...

7 comments:

Stacey said...

I KNEW IT!!!!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!

(I have incomparable prego radar.)

YAAAAAAAYOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!!!!!!!!

Nicole Bradshaw said...

Look at YOU!! Congrats, hon!!

Susan said...

Strangers in Walmart could figure it out. I've been some shade of green non stop since last Monday! I'm either knocked up or I'm dying from food poisoning.

Stacey said...

Get you some Phenergan.

(I swear, today I saw someone that looks like you in the grocery store. I thought that if I *did* see you, I'd totally look at your gut first to see if you had a pooch. It's more like prego ESP.)

Susan said...

HA! I tried to go to Walmart today but didn't make it, had to detour back home and curl up in a ball in bed. As for the pooch, I've put on 20 pounds since going off my meds back in September, the pooch ain't new! Although I did notice that my wardrobe shrunk my last week at work, and I did have to buy 2 new pair of jean to go to Florida!

mayberry said...

Congratulations! I am so excited for you!!! I really hope you feel better soon. Maybe they'll give you some Zofrin. My sister swore it was a miracle cure for the nausea.

From the Doghouse said...

Gee, just like in Alien!