Thursday, March 26, 2009

Movie Night - Updated

Last night turned out into movie night, mostly due to a lack of anything decent to watch on TV.

We started out with Fireproof. I'd been warned about the fairly bad acting in parts and high cheese factor, so I was prepared for that. That aside, it had a good message and I was glad we watched it.

Next we watched Twilight. I can't say that it was the worst movie ever* but I will call it one of the worst movies that made a big pile of money at the box office and that people had actually suggested was good. It wasn't. I'd read the books. I thought the first had more potential than the rest and the series got kinda ridiculous from there. To know they ruined the better book that much makes me afraid of what they might do with the rest. Not only could they not afford good (or attractive) actors, apparently they couldn't afford hair dressers. Or a screenplay writer. They cut the story to pieces so bad that it wasn't even coherent. That's a couple of hours of my life I will never get back. I'm glad we didn't pay for it.

Finally, to redeem the night, Greg wanted to see how how the Blu Ray version of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix looked. That quick preview meant we watched half the movie (we've both read the book and saw the movie in the theater, so it's not new) before we had to go to bed. Hopefully we can finish it up tomorrow, since tonight is Greg's bowling night. Hopefully it will erase the memory of Twilight!

*I have been repeated informed by my husband that the Worst Movie Ever is The Rage**, and no other movie can top it. I've never seen The Rage, but I have accepted his edict out of fear that if I argue, he'll force me to watch it to prove his point.

**Except I was just informed that I had it wrong. Regardless of the fact that every time he talks about it he say, "It's the raaaage!" Greg is now telling me that the movie is actually 28 Days Later, and that I really have to watch it now. Dang it.

1 comment:

Supermom said...

`yall are both so funny ya'll both make me giggle :)