Saturday, March 14, 2009

Things Not To Say to the Pregnant Lady

He knew this was coming, I just haven't had time to sit down and post it until now.

A conversation with Greg from Thursday night*:

Me: Why is my butt sore???

Greg: Maybe it's growing.

Me: (Stares at him.)

Greg: You know, like when you said your boobs hurt and they were growing.

Me: (Stares at him.)

Greg: Or perhaps you spent several hours sitting in those really uncomfortable chairs at the bowling alley tonight?

Me: You could have started out with that one.

Greg: Yeah, but I didn't...

*No husbands were harmed during this exchange. Mostly because I figured he was half right, and it's not like I wouldn't benefit from a little balancing in the rear anyway!

3 comments:

Nicole Bradshaw said...

Hee hee! I remember when I was pregnant with Clay, I kept crowing to hubs that I didn't have any stretch marks. (Even though I was HUGE. Like, I affected the earth's gravitational pull. That's how big I was.)

AFTER the baby was born, I noticed that I DID have stretch marks. They were just all on the very lowest part of my stomach, where I couldn't SEE them because of the huge baby I was carrying in my tummy.

I said to hubs, "WHY didn't you tell me I had stretch marks?!"

He replied, "Now, we BOTH know how that conversation would have gone."

mayberry said...

Tsk tsk tsk. Greg has so much to learn. It's gonna be a long gestation for him.....

From the Doghouse said...

Since that didn't happen to me and I can't get in trouble for it ... that was funny!