Friday, March 6, 2009

So Happy to Be Home

I don't think I've ever been happier to be home. Geezum peetes, what a long week. It wasn't the best trip ever. Between the cold, the crowd, and the ickies I've had since Monday, we spent more time in our room than in the parks. But there were a few highlights. Eating at Boma (Animal Kingdom Lodge) was probably the best overall meal I've had at Disney. Thank goodness we went the first night, because other than Yak & Yeti that was the only restaurant reservation we made it to. I was quite sad about that, as eating well is one of the main reasons we go to Disney, but once I started getting sick it just wasn't going to happen. The same goes for many of the rides we wanted to do, but we did get several turns at Toy Story Midway Mania, which is our favorite. I did not get to get on Peter Pan's Flight, however, which made me sad. Frankly, I was afraid to go back to Magic Kingdom. It was down right scary with people the one and only time we ventured over there. I couldn't deal. But at least we got a lot of rest! That said, there were a couple of other highlights:

The Tater family was staying at our resort:



And the Shamu plane was parked next to our gate when we arrived. I hate that I couldn't get a better picture, with the front and all, but because of where it was parked I couldn't get a better profile. I really really really wanted to fly on the Shamu plane. Maybe one day!


7 comments:

tank said...

That's some big taters.

dhcoop said...

LOL! Yes, big taters they are!

I'm glad you made it home safely.

mayberry said...

Oh honey. I'm sorry it wasn't any better of a trip than it was but I'm glad you made it home ok.

The Topiary Cow said...

The things one can learn from blogs...who knew there was a SHAMU plane?

Welcome back.

Moo!

Susan said...

I certainly didn't know about the plane. We asked the gate attendant about it and he said it flies a variety of regular routes and flying on it is just luck of the draw. I now feel the need to fly to random places on Southwest until one day I end up on the Shamu plane.

From the Doghouse said...

Sorry you didn't get to enjoy it fully, but glad you got some rest.

Anonymous said...

lol...soo cute! I am now remembering Mr. and Mrs. Potato from that movie Toy Story! I miss them!