Thursday, March 19, 2009

Jennifer Made Me Cry.

Last night I couldn't sleep. This isn't unusual, I've only gotten a good night's sleep one of the past five nights. But last night I had something on my mind. Hot ham and cheese sandwiches. Not just any hot ham and cheese, the ones I used to survive on at Seymour's Grill when I was in college at USM. I don't exaggerate when I say I ate one at least 3-4 times a week for a few years. They were scrumptious. I've never had another hot ham and cheese sandwich that even came close. I'm drooling just thinking about it.

So last night I was thinking about a hot ham and cheese. I was contemplating what excuse I could come up with to drive through Hattiesburg and see if Seymour's still exists, and if they still serve a HHC. It's been 11 years...

So I mention this to BFF Jen today, who lived through some of those hot ham and cheeses with me, and she says, "You wouldn't even recognize the place now, and I don't remember seeing a HHC on the menu when we were there last fall..."

GASP!

I'm not kidding people, I teared up a little. I was crushed. BFF Jen laughed at me. Laughed. LOL'd, even. Sigh. All I want is one of those tasty sandwiches. And I've been denied. Next thing you know she'll tell me they changed the sausage dogs at Pete Taylor Park and the Commons doesn't serve those crunchy burritos with the fake cheese in the Mexican line every other Friday. I'm going to go curl up in a ball and cry now.

3 comments:

AM said...

The sad thing is...I'm not sure I went to the same college. The new union, the bookstore, what is THAT...the stadium?? WTheck? This isn't USM the quaint little college I went to...surely not.

mayberry said...

Bummer.

Nicole Bradshaw said...

Wait a few months. Pretty soon, you'll also be crying over every slightly sentimental song that comes on the radio. I hated it. HATED. IT.