Friday, February 29, 2008

The Aliens Took My Forks.

You know how most people lose single socks in the dryer? We've started losing other things around the house. Not so much losing, as things just disappear. Random things. Like forks. We got a brand new set of casual silverware when we got married, but somehow a year and a half later we have twice as many spoons as forks. I don't know where the forks went.

Last night I noticed it was happening to our washclothes. Just a month or so ago I noticed that we had a huge pile of washclothes in the bathroom cabinet. Last night I could only find two. I went through the laundry and only found a handful. Plenty of towels, but hardly any washclothes. Where did they go?

I'm begining to suspect aliens. I think the aliens are stealing random things in my house in an attempt to learn more about our species. I'm not sure what they're learning from my forks and washclothes, but if they come after my pup we're going to fight.

2 comments:

Supermom said...

For me it's spoons... they seem to be disappearing. I accused my son of throwing them away when he throws away his disposable bowl of cereal.

Perhaps Casper is buying them... =)

Susan said...

I'm pretty sure Casper hasn't mastered the use of utensils, but it's possible. I know he hasn't taken the washclothes, but he might be hiding them if he associates them with baths!