Monday, February 11, 2008

A Rare Longing for TV

In case you haven't heard, we don't have cable (or satalite) TV at our house. We have an antena and some fuzzy local channels. For the most part, I'm okay with this. I'm just not much of a TV watcher. When I'm home alone I normally turn on the radio. If I do have the TV on, it's usually for noise while I do some thing else, so it doesn't really matter what's showing.

Tonight is one of those rare exceptions. Tonight, I want my cable back. If I could turn it on for two nights and turn it back off, I would. I wouldn't even need all the channels, just USA and CNBC. And I'd only need CNBC tonight, everything's on USA tomorrow.

(Warning: Dork Confession Ahead!)

Westminster. Known at our house as Puppy Home Shopping. I can't help it. I love watching dog shows, and Westminster is the Super Bowl of dog shows. Yeah, I watch the one that comes on Thanksgiving Day every year, but they edit it so much that you only end up seeing half the dogs. I want to see them all.

Except maybe the poodles. I'm not a big fan of the poodles, especially the Standards. They're like the Paris Hilton of dogs. I like the working dogs, and the sporting dogs, and the hounds. My favorite Westminster was the year Josh, the huge Newfoundland, won and started woofing at everybody. That dog was bigger than his handler. You just don't see the big dogs win very often. Of course that was also the first Westminster that Casper ever watched. Heh. He didn't like it. I'm pretty sure he'd never seen another pup on TV before. He was only about six months old, and convinced we were shopping for a new pup.

Anyway, for the first time since we ditched the cable back in July I'm wishing we had it back so I could cheer for the pups tonight and tomorrow. Maybe they'll show part of it online. I'll have to see if I can find it anywhere.

1 comment:

From the Doghouse said...

Lit Bit saw a commercial for that. Her face lit up, she pointed at the TV and said "Puppy!"