Saturday, February 23, 2008

It's 12:30AM, Do You Know Where Your Friends Are?

Well, this one and spouse are about to be heading to Richton. Damn you, pager. Apparently Greg is now working the night shift! Anyway, we've been up at the hospital for about 45 minutes and the thing that's broken can't be fixed without a road trip, so off we go. I'm just glad it's a weekend so I can go with him. I hate when he has to make these trips in the middle of the night by himself! I'm thinking we may end up finding a place to sleep rather than coming back home tonight. (I had originally typed "find a place to crash," but under the circumstances I didn't want to jinx the drive!) Clearly, I've been down this road before, only it was a different road (I-55 to Marks, or Hwy 25 to Aberdeen...) so I packed a bag before we came up to the hospital. This should make for a crazy time-warped weekend!

5 comments:

Supermom said...

I'm so glad I gave up the pager lifestyle.

Richton... I don't even know where the hell that is.

Webmaster said...

Oh geez ... that's the pits, Susan. Good luck with all that.

Susan said...

Richton - go to Hattiesburg and take a left. Then go to the other side of Petal and keep driving. It's about 35 miles this side of State Line. Not nearly as bad as going to Aberdeen, which we did last year in rain about as bad as what we saw here Thursday night!

We ended up driving back last night. Greg had slept in really late since he'd been at work until 4:30am anyway, so he wasn't nearly as tired as I was. I crawled into bed right at 24 hours after I'd crawled out of it!

Supermom said...

OMG Wii is so much fun..... dang...

From the Doghouse said...

Richton; heading to the big town ...