Friday, February 22, 2008

Integration?

When I got home from work this afternoon I immediately changed clothes and Greg and I went and got something to eat since neither of us had eaten any lunch. We came back home and bummed at the house for the rest of the evening. At one point, a couple of hours after I'd gotten home, I was sitting on the couch when I noticed Greg staring at me kind of funny with that expression he gets when he's trying real hard not to laugh out loud because he knows that whatever I did was probably a result of low brain function rather than any attempt to be humorous. Sure enough. He was staring at my feet.



I would have taken an oath that I put on two white socks when I got home. I remembered doing it because I couldn't find a matched pair and had to go looking for somewhat matched singles. I honestly didn't think I'd gotten them that unmatched. The best part was that the only thing Greg had to say was, "And you went out in public."

6 comments:

Supermom said...

oh honey... the stories I could tell...

mismatched shoes
wrong colored hose/socks
thong on backward (explain that one)
shirt inside out (multiple infractions)

one of the funniest... I had a new shirt on and was sitting around a conference table in a meeting with all men...

I get back to my office, go into the ladies room and see myself in the mirror...there smack in the middle of my boob was an "S" sticker.

You know the kind...where they fold the blouses to stack on a shelf and put sticker on the edge marking S, M, L, XL

I thought great... advertise your boobs are small...

of course several pounds later and bigger boobs later... I'd go through that embarrassment again to be able to wear a "s".

Webmaster said...

A backward thong. LOL

Susan said...

Ha. The S is funny. The backward thong was a running joke with one of my friends at the bank, we'd both done it. I was just baffled last night because I KNOW I picked up two white socks. I know I did. Sadly, I ended up going to Richton in the mismatched socks... Figured I'd be in the car, nobody would see them!

Stacey said...

Backward... thong...

seriously, no. That just made me itch.

My cousin Jonathan has always worn one black and one white sock. He started doing it in high school and just hasn't stopped, at the age of 29. So you can always just tell people you're quirky and eclectic.

Susan said...

Itchy isn't exactly the right word...

And I could tell people I was quirky and eclectic, but too many people already know me know the truth.

From the Doghouse said...

Admit it; the "S" on your chest was for Supermom, not small!

And I hate it when I put my thong on backwards.