Thursday, February 14, 2008

Not Dead Yet

I'm not dead yet, but considering it as a viable option.

Work has gone crazy this week.

I was out half a day Tuesday for a class.

I was out more than half a day yesterday working on Taste of UMC stuff. That was third half day in two weeks I've spent on Taste of UMC, and have more stuff to do today. How did I get suckered into this?

I'll be out half a day today working at our Employee Health Fair. How did I get suckered into that?

I have two big deadlines tomorrow, one of which is a large grant application that is becoming more complicated and urgent every day. The other is our fellowship application deadline for new fellows. So far we have over 300 applicants, which we have to narrow down to 12 to invite for interviews. We're supposed to issue those invitations the first week in March. And thanks to some of the other fires that have ignited this week, we don't know how many new fellows we're going to be able to accept yet. Looks like it'll be fewer than years past.

To top it all off, I'm starting to fee like crap. I can't be sick, there isn't time. Not until we get the interviews set up. I'm seriously thinking about telling Boss #2 that there is no way I can spend all night Saturday at Taste of UMC. I'm supposed to be there from 5-10pm, but if I don't get some rest this weekend I will likely be full-on sick next week. Then again, if I don't go, I'll likely be killed by Boss #2, so getting sick won't be an issue.

Now excuse me, I have an hour to take care of a week's worth of work before hiking over to the health fair.

2 comments:

mayberry said...

AWWW! I was getting worried about you. HUGS to you! Take care of yourself.

From the Doghouse said...

Get sick and breathe on Boss No. 2. Then he'll be out and things will be easier on you.