Monday, February 4, 2008

Increasing My Repertoire

As those who have actually spent a good bit of time around me know (and cringe to think about), I only have two jokes in my humor repertoire. I've heard a ton of good jokes, but I can't ever remember them right. The two jokes I know are corny and as old as dirt:

What do you call cheese that doesn't belong to you?

Nacho cheese

Did you hear about the two satellites that got married?

The wedding was boring, but the reception was great!

Yeah, ok, that's it. And I'm pretty sure if Jen heard me say "NACHO CHEESE!" one more time I'd have been black and blue. However, today Boss #2 came in and offered up an addition to my comedy catalog:

So a piece of string walks into a bar, sits down and orders a drink. When the waiter brings it he noticed the string was starting to unravel. He asked the string, "Are you ok?" and the string replied, "I'm a frayed knot..."

Get it? I'm afraid not? OH sigh. It's never good when I have to explain it afterwards. Now I know there was another one about a boy mushroom and a girl mushroom, but for the life of me I can't seem to remember it today. OOOOH! I remember!

Why did the girl mushroom date the boy mushroom?

Because he was a fungi! (I'm not explaining that one, just say it out loud.)

Heh. Now I have four! I'll never remember the last two. I think my brain only has room for two, and it's stuck on the nacho cheese.

10 comments:

From the Doghouse said...

I remember a food place that added Mexican stuff to its buffet. The sign outside said "Nacho average salad bar."

clstigger said...

Oh the cheese joke. Gosh there are times I really do miss you being my roommate. Rob's jokes are not that corny!

Susan said...

I like to think that NOBODY's jokes are as corny as mine.

Supermom said...

OMG... I so hope I can remember those this afternoon (I'm the queen of can't-remember-a-joke)...


those are funny and my kid LOVES jokes...only usually the ones I hear I can't repeat to him. =)

mayberry said...

People like us with natural wit don't need "made up" jokes.

Susan said...

Natural wit. So that's what they're calling it...

And Supermom, why do you think I blogged it? Reference material! Next time I can't remember, I can just look it up!

Supermom said...

should I admit I don't get the satellite joke?

Supermom said...

oh never mind...I only got the words "the wedding" from blogger reader... I didn't get the punch line. So the joke read, "Did you hear about the 2 satellites that got married?" "The wedding"

I was like wha?????

Susan said...

And that was funnier than the joke!

Webmaster said...

LOL. Compile a collection and make Basil's Llama Farm Joke Book 'O Cheese. I predict an instant best seller.