Friday, February 29, 2008

Holiday

I keep seeing commercials for stores having leap day sales today that talk about today being an "extra" day since it's leap year. Now, I'm not entirely sure I agree with that, since I figure I have a certain number of days on this Earth and it won't matter much what date you put on it, but then I got to thinking...

If today's an "extra" day, shouldn't it really be a holiday so we can do something fun with it? Something we don't normally take the time to do? Maybe go to the zoo, since the weather's nice. Or sit outside and read a book. Or stay home and scrapbook. Or play in the dirt (that's probably just me).

In honor of the Leap Year Extra Day Holiday, I think I'll leave early today.

Well, that and the fact that I've been at work early 3 days this week, worked through lunch twice, and get to come in early again on Monday. My target for escape is 3pm.

No comments: