Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Follow-up on Moving Day

In case you've been wondering what ever happened after my posts in October and November regarding my office move, I haven't budged. I have had a couple more conversations with two of my bosses regarding the situation. About three weeks ago I had this one:

Boss #2 calls and asks, "Have they moved your phone line yet?"
I respond, "Well, since it just rang and I answered it, I'll have to go with 'no.'"

And then last Thursday there was this one:

Boss #1 calls, "Are you ready to move? The office over here is cleaned out and waiting for you."
I respond, "Well, I was under the impression that we were waiting on my phone to be moved."
Boss #1 then says, "Oh, well let me see if I can get that started."

I only bring this up because I had a conversation with my former boss #3, the one that dropped me from her budget rather suddenly a month or so ago, which made me think that perhaps I should pack up and move NOW, with or without my phone. The good news is that I'm somewhat more motivated to make the move at this point, just to be further away from her. On the other hand, I'm not sure physical distance is going to help much.

4 comments:

mayberry said...

Ah, progress.

The Topiary Cow said...

Moving the phones will probably take another year. Settle in and get comfy.

Moo!

Susan said...

Ironically, later this afternoon Boss 2 was in my office and called Boss 1 about it and her end of the conversation went something like, "Well, I'm calling you from her phone, so apparently not..." It's like jogging in place.

From the Doghouse said...

Go ahead and move; without the phone your day would be much more peaceful.