Saturday, January 12, 2008

Saying Goodbye

There is a great article about our outgoing minister in today's CL.

He had mentioned that he did two media interviews last week, but I don't know who the other one was with. He did say that he'd had a very difficult time finding he words to describe his time here in Mississippi. Huh. Ross at a loss for words is certainly a first. He's been very emotional about leaving. I think he became rather attached to our rather eccentric Southern culture!

At the same time, we also say hello to our new ministers, Joey and Connie Shelton from Duke Divinity School. They'll be formally introduced during Ross' final service tomorrow and will begin their ministry with the Wednesday night service where they will introduce themselves and their vision more in depth. I'm looking forward to it. Ross has been wonderful, but he's also taught us that change is a good thing, and it keeps us from closing our perspective. We'll miss him, but we also welcome Joey and Connie and look forward to their leadership.

4 comments:

Stacey said...

Hey, I've seen him on TV!

Susan said...

Me too! =)

I really like it now that they have both audio and video downloads available for each of the sermons from the church website. It's been nice to have when he does one that's particularly moving or if we're out of town for the weekend!

From the Doghouse said...

I talked to someone who watched the sermon yesterday on TV, and cried the whole time.

I went to college with Connie. Didn't really know her well, but have heard great things about both of them for years from people who have.

Susan said...

Crying was not uncommon on Sunday. I'm looking forward to seeing changes the new ministers bring. I'm hoping to get to their welcome function Wednesday night.