Saturday, January 12, 2008

Updates

I forgot to mention that I received a response to my email to VS about my missing package. They emailed me the very next morning. I was impressed with the response time and the response itself. They offered to either reship the order or refund the purchase, and were very apologetic for the entire situation. In honor of those of you who thought in my earlier censored remarks were indeed appropriate, I stated that I understood the problem lies with UPS, and that I hoped there wasn't a driver riding around wearing my new underwear. =) I did request a replacement shipment, mostly because I don't think a $4 refund to the gift card will get me very far at this point. Now I just hope they still have some in stock, since they were on clearance.

In office news, I moved on Friday despite the fact that my new computer doesn't work. I'll take my laptop on Monday in case it doesn't get fixed any time soon. I didn't get much of anything unpacked, so that'll be at the top of my to-do list on Monday. One thing that hit me after the move on Friday - my work hours will now change. The new office is located in the main business office, whose official hours are 8-5. I'd been working 8-4:30 since those were the normal hours in my previous location AND matched Greg's hours (we carpool). That was a pain on Friday because he had to wait on me, and we'll be dealing with 5:00 traffic and getting home a bit later. That was a serious perk of changing jobs last year, walking in my house at 5pm. I suppose I could argue to work the old hours, but I'm in a precarious enough position without alienating myself any further from the other people in the office. It's not a good environment to be accused of favoritism, especially when they've already had to make alternate arrangements to continue paying my salary! We'll see how it goes the first week or so.

5 comments:

Webmaster said...

Good luck getting settled in your new digs, and congrats on the panties!

From the Doghouse said...

Good luck! Hope the move turns out to be a good move overall!

I take it they haven't addressed the additional half-hour a day you'll be working.

mayberry said...

Just leave every day at 4:30 like usual. I'm all for carving your own niche in your new place! =)Tell them that your driver doesn't like waiting.

Webmaster said...

Tell them if the salary doesn't change, neither should your hours. :)

Susan said...

The only reason 4:30 was allowed at the old office was because it wasn't an "office" so much as a patient care area and they only have half hour lunch breaks. Different areas have different policies on that. Since the new location is an office rather than patient care area, we do regular office hours.