Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Told Ya So.

I was informed by Boss #2 that I am volunteering to be on our department Taste of UMC team. It's a fundraiser they do every year. Each department picks a theme and cooks up something for 500 or so people and they give out awards and such, subsequently raising money for an organization that does stuff for the hospital (this year a percentage of funds will buy a screening device to detect hearing loss in newborns).

Anyway, remember this discussion we had back in December about my new plan for improved heart health?

Well guess what our department's Taste theme is? Heart Healthy Dark Chocolate. Complete with not one, but TWO chocolate fountains.

Told ya.

9 comments:

Stacey said...

Okay, let's talk about getting ol' Stacey a fake UMC ID so I can get in and get me some of that. Seriously.

Susan said...

Don't need a badge, just $25 for the ticket!

mayberry said...

I bet I could cough up $25 bucks to stand in front of a chocolate fountain all day.

Susan said...

Honestly, for $25 you could buy a chocolate fountain!

Supermom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Supermom said...

Susan... I deleted my last post... so you would get it but no one else would see it. =)

Susan said...

Gotcha. And the email address on my profile gets checked, if you you ever want to use that.

This is my first Taste so I'm doing what our team captain (Boss #2) says. I think it'll be fun. Today I got an appointment for half a day at her house making biscotti the week before the event. That's my kind of meeting!

From the Doghouse said...

Can we stick our head under the fountain spigots and take it all in?

Susan said...

I think my nephew may have tried that at our wedding reception.