Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Rule of 3's

Greg learned the Rule of 3's very early in our dating relationship. This is a good rule to know when you frequently deal with people who have ADD. If you ask me to make a decision with infinite possible choices, the answer will likely be a blank stare. For example, "Where do you want to go for dinner." It's like when you try to run too many software applications at once on your computer and it freezes up. When you give me too many options, I freeze up. I can't think through that many options. Three choices, max. If you give me three restaurants, I can most likely make a decision fairly quickly.

Today Boss #1 tells me to order myself some new office furniture. Then he hands me 3 choices. Three catalogs of choices. Pain and suffering. I swear I looked through all 3 books and never actually saw any furniture. Too many choices. I'll take new furniture. Fine. No problem. Just please, please, please don't make me go through catalogs to pick it out! Three choices. Just three.

And that was just the desks. I'm supposed to get a new chair too. And because of my history of muscle spasms and upper back pain, I really do need a good ergonomic desk chair. But that's a whole new set of catalogs. I'm thinking I may just offer to sit in the floor.

6 comments:

Stacey said...

Ahhh, how do I love ADD... let me count the ways...

Susan said...

As long as you only count to three.

From the Doghouse said...

Oh, and since you're sitting on the floor, we want you to consider some options. You can have carpet - let's look at the types ...

Supermom said...

DH cracks me up.

mayberry said...

I'm glad you posted this. It explains a lot. I now know that Hubby has ADD.

Webmaster said...

It's not an ADD thing. I don't have ADD, but the lunch thing drives me up the wall.
Good luck with your new digs.