Thursday, January 17, 2008

Food

It occurred to me after getting home from conference tonight that I haven't had a meal that didn't come out of a fast food bag since we went out to eat with my in-laws on Monday. I am so sick of fast food, but it's a vicious cycle. Didn't get home until almost 10pm Monday night, which meant no lunch to take on Tuesday, so I end up at McDonalds (yuck). Ditto Wednesday, Back Yard Burger. Wednesday night we didn't have time to go home between work and church, so it was Wendy's. Which meant more McD's for lunch today (yuck again). Only had 30 minutes before we both had to leave tonight, enter Chick Fil A. Guess what that means for lunch tomorrow?

No wonder I feel awful. We're hitting a grocery store tomorrow evening and buying real food so that I can hopefully cook this weekend. In the meantime, I wonder which drive through we'll eat at after work, before we get to the grocery store... Sigh.

4 comments:

From the Doghouse said...

Well, you haven't mentioned Krystal or Taco Bell yet ...

Susan said...

Actually Taco Bell came up as an option Wednesday night. I won't eat Krystal. I have to draw a line somewhere.

I'm thinking real restaurant tonight. something with a waiter and a menu you can hold in your hand, and no options for ordering by number. But we'll see. May end up with a #3 at Canes.

mayberry said...

Its Friday. Have a sit down meal for pete's sake!

Webmaster said...

Not all fast food options are bad. The parfaits at McD's, for example, are great, and only $1. Wendy's salads are pretty good too. If your meal must come from a sack, you can make it slightly less yucky than it was a few years ago.