Friday, January 4, 2008

The Good, the Bad, the Friday

I had lunch today with a group of blogging hotties (and Doghouse!) and I have to say it was the highlight of my day, by far. Well, okay, Ace flirting with the waitress was probably the actual highlight, but the (somewhat more) adults rock too.

The rest of my day so far has been much less awesome.

Back in November I spent weeks working on a grant application to get funds for some continuing education programs. Today I get an email saying we'd been approved. I'm doing the twirl-in-my-chair happy dance right up until I actually open the email and realize they'd approved us for approximately 1/3 of the amount we'd requested. Well now. That presents some interesting delimas.

In the application I broke out the cost per session. The amount they approved will fund one and a third sessions. Um. Did they READ the application? The application also stated that we were not going to have funding from other sources. I don't think it'll be a problem if we now request funding for the remaining sessions since they opted not to fund them, but the 2/3 session could be a problem. I fear the solution is going to be to return the extra funds, which just grates on me considering how much effort it took to GET those funds in the first place!

Not to mention it's a bit late in the game to be submitting brand new grants for a funciton in MARCH. And I'm running out of sources. Seems like every time I do this there are fewer and fewer organizations offering the type of grants we need, and I've used 4 of those sources in the past six months!

However, on the bright side, I'm going to a function with Jen tonight that should involve an absurd amount of homemade chocolate goodies. I can feel my heart getting healthier just thinking about it.

10 comments:

Supermom said...

I AM a hottie, ain't I?

eh...maybe not so much.

You were EXACTLY what I expected. Funny, quick-witted, charming.

Doghouse was much nicer and funnier than I anticipated. Now I knew from his posts/comments that he was nice and funny... but he is VERY nice and VERY funny in person.

You just flat crack me up.

But why couldn't I get a better view of the hot dude that Christy kept gawking at?! =)

Supermom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Webmaster said...

So sorry I wasn't able to come. I would rather have been at the blogger lunch than flat on my back, knocked out on narcotic-treating-flu-like-virus medicine.
[sigh]
Sorry to hear about your grant dilemma. That's the pits. Good luck finding funding. ...

Susan said...

SM - Of course you're a hottie. From your position at the head of the table, I thought you were the Queen Hottie...

And if the hot dude was a UMC doctor, I'm just fine with not gawking. They tend to only be hot if you can duct tape their mouths closed!

Sandi - under the circumstances, I'm glad you weren't there. Would have loved to see you, but not if you brought the flu (or anything close) with you!

Webmaster said...

Keep me on the list for next time. :)

From the Doghouse said...

Aw, stop it SM; now I'm blushing!

I'm glad I went, I had a great time, even if the restaurant wasn't any good (right, Stacey? ;) ). It was nice to get to meet some of the people behind the blogs. And Susan, I'm glad I wasn't the only one misunderstanding what people said (dropped her panties?!).

I kept waiting for Ace to score the waitress' phone number!

Sorry things went so screwy with your grant app. Best of luck finding other funding!

Supermom said...

That was a Freudian slip. Stacey DID say drop off her panties. I don't care what she *thinks* she said.

Susan said...

I heard "panties," and I was sitting right next to her!

Christy said...

It was so nice to meet you Friday. It was waay too much fun! I love meeting new people :)

For the record there were several reasons to GAWK.. That McDoc was hot, as was the McKutcher look-a-like sitting at the end of our table...

Cougar or NOT...There was much hotness to take in!

Susan said...

Ha. I do understand, but after working with doctors, they tend to come with an automatic 3 point penalty for me. Come to think of it, I've also worked with attorney's and bankers, and they'd come with an even bigger penalty!