Sunday, January 20, 2008

Stubborn Defined

The pup is going to the vet tomorrow, which is a trip he really loves every year. Really. He loves Miss Julie and Dr. Ferris. Unfortunately, going to the vet means getting a bath. He hates baths more than anything else in the world.

He was so mad at me after his bath today that he refused to be in the room with me. When I finally let him outside, he refused to come back in if I opened the door. He'd stick his head in, see me, then run back to his swing. As soon as I'd close the door, he'd run back and start throwing himself against the door again. We did this about 6 times before Greg finally got up and opened the door, and he came right in. He just wasn't coming in if that evil woman who tortured him opened the door.

5 comments:

Supermom said...

Weird pup.

From the Doghouse said...

I'm guessing hitting her with the hose doesn't fire her up either, does it?

Susan said...

The hose is the usual method for baths, so it is certainly an evil instrument of torture. Was too cold to wash him outside though, so he got the bathtub which actually seemed a little better. I guess the warm water made it slightly less terrible. But just slightly. He didn't speak to me the rest of the night.

clstigger said...

I'm just so glad you do the torturing now. If it makes you feel better Wrigley the Golden Ret. who is supposed to like water doesn't care for baths either. BTW did my husband took me to see an 11 week old Golden that needs a home.

Susan said...

You DESPERATELY need an 11 week old golden! bwahahahaa! Just don't expect me to take them both in when you're out of town. Actually, a second golden would probably be good for Wrigley, he'd have a playmate and might stop jumping on people's heads!

I was glad Dr. Ferris went ahead and trimmed nails again yesterday. He's a lot calmer when wearing a muzzle with a second large man holding him down!