Tuesday, January 22, 2008

My Apologies - UPDATED

Several weeks ago I happened to see a news segment, I believe it was on one of the local news Medical Matters segments, about a new exercise program being taught that utilized pole dancing.

It was enough to make me come to a dead stop while walking through my living room and stare at the woman on my television. I'd totally intended to link to the video when they posted it online, but forgot about it until Alison mentioned her strip club incident in a post today. I went back and looked, but I must have waited too long because I can't find it. Sorry Alison. I know you were looking forward to it. I'll try to do a more extensive search later to see if I can find it.

UPDATE: Thanks to Stacey for supplying this link. I should have known Stacey would know where to find information on "Stripping for the Everyday Woman."

Although I have to say part of the bizarreness factor of the original story I saw on the local news was our local health reporter actually doing the report. I got the feeling she was more comfortable discussing STD's than stripping.

18 comments:

Stacey said...

How 'bout this?

Susan said...

'Das it. I should have known I could count on Stacey to know about pole dancing!

Webmaster said...

That's a damn good reason to be a newspaper reporter instead of TV. Wow.

Stacey said...

Awww, yeah. I loves me some skrippers.

Susan said...

Stacey, you are a hottie, after all!

And Sandi, I couldn't be on TV. I'd see something like that and there would be NO WAY I could keep a straight face and NOT make a snarky comment.

I had originally thought to post this for Super Mom's benefit, since I knew she was all up in the new workout this year!

Supermom said...

You haven't pole danced until you've pole danced at Supermom's house.

Although I discovered my poles weren't designed having a couple of women wrapped around it and are now loosey-goosey at the bottom. But it was worth it...

Susan said...

You sure it was the pole that was loosey-goosey and not the women dancing on it?

mayberry said...

I'm so glad Hubby doesn't read blogs. If he saw this, he'd have my application in at Danny's.

From the Doghouse said...

So, when are we all getting together again?

Supermom said...

Doghouse... you so anxious for a get together... YOU coordinate one! =)

And Susan...eh, both. Touche.

Susan said...

Doghouse is officially nominated as social chair!

Webmaster said...

I agree! He knows all the good lunch places around town, too.

From the Doghouse said...

Who said anything about lunch? I thought we were talking about pole dancing!

Susan said...

You're the social chair, if you want to pole dance during lunch, have at it!

From the Doghouse said...

Too bad they took the pole down at Bonzai.

Supermom said...

ROFL.. this is so funny. Doghouse and Susan and 2 of the funniest people I've met!

Susan said...

And that from the loosey goosey pole dancer, SuperMom...

From the Doghouse said...

Yeah, this from the person whose avatar is a chick flashing us ...