Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Lost in UPS Land

I order some stuff at the end of December and one item was sent in a separate shipment. I got the first package early last week. According to UPS tracking, the second package arrived in Jackson last Thursday. It has not found its way to my door yet. Every evening the tracking system shows it "In Transit" and has a "Rescheduled Shipping" date of the current date. There's been no notification of attempted delivery.

So tonight I waited until after the scheduled delivery time (7pm according to the website) and then sent an email inquiry explaining the situation and asking at what point I should consider the package lost and file a claim. I was very polite in the email.

What I wanted to say in the email, but was deemed inappropriate by my husband, was, "I fear one of your drivers is riding around wearing my new Victoria's Secret underwear..."

6 comments:

From the Doghouse said...

I think you should definitely do it! That should get them checking things out!

Supermom said...

Good luck with that. I ordered some books that shipped from the company in Ohio... made it all the way to Jackson (according to the tracking) but never to my house.

It took THREE months before they finally reshipped the order.

Perhaps our same driver is riding around in Vic Sec drawers while reading my cookbooks!

Perhaps contemplating the recipe called
"bra-ccoli panty-nini".

Susan said...

Bra-colli panty-nini! Bwahahaha! If they ever do deliver it, I sincerely hope they don't bring it while I'm home. I don't know that I could look the driver in the eye without thinking bra-colli panty-nini now!

Seriously, though, they've already delivered all but one $4 item. At this point I'm griping at them just for fun. I'm not sure it's even worth filing a claim for $4, which came off a gift card, and I had a code for free shipping!

Webmaster said...

Sure it's worth it. It could be a clerical error, but you never know. If they've got panty-stealing, cookbook "borrowing" drivers, management needs to be alerted!

Susan said...

Management's probably the ones cooking in the undies!

Webmaster said...

FedEx is starting to sound reeeal good right about now...