Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Socks

I'll admit that my sock drawer is a mess. With my new shiny boots I need black trouser socks, but I've had much frustration finding matching sock sets in the chaos of my sock drawer. Tonight I fought back. I pulled out all of my black trouser socks to match them all up and put this wrong to right.

In the end, I have 4 pair of matching black socks. And 11 individual orphaned black socks. I don't think I've ever owned 11 pair of black socks, so I really don't know how I have 11 orphaned black socks, PLUS 4 pair. I think the 4 pair were inter-breeding, creating the 11 mutt black socks that don't really resemble any of the others. It's the only explanation I have.

8 comments:

Supermom said...

orphaned socks make great sock puppets.

mayberry said...

Posts like this are why I like your blog. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks about these kinds of things and comes up with "theories" about them! =)

From the Doghouse said...

If you're wearing boots,will anyone even see your socks?

Oh, and no sock sex going on at our house, only hanger sex. And those hangers are like rabbits!

Susan said...

Casper does love a puppet. Oh wait, no, he tried to eat one off my hand once...

And doghouse, it's the metal hangers, isn't it? I noticed when I started switching to plastic I stopped having promiscuous hanger behavior. Uh oh, that's not hanger stereotyping, is it?

From the Doghouse said...

No stereotyping here; it's the plastic ones for us! They've turned into our carpet, our decorations, our ...

Webmaster said...

Perhaps your dryer has something to do with it. ??

Susan said...

The dryer is rather devious, but in all honestly, I have no idea where they even came from. I know I've never had 11 pair of black socks! Maybe they're running a refugee camp for black socks lost in other people's dryers... Hadn't thought of that. Maybe I should request aide from the government.

AM said...

ha...I have lots of interbreeding going on in THE KID's sock drawer....