Thursday, January 17, 2008

Naps

I need a nap. It's been an extremely long week. Today was symbolic of my entire week:

7:30 am Staff Meeting. What I learned: As a department,we will strive to improve communication this year. (Except clearly, we're not starting until later.)

Noon Faculty Meeting. What I learned: If you try to show a video and have technical difficulties, make sure you turn the lights back on or else people (read: me) will doze off during yet another rehash of the new compensation plan that only applies to physicians.

6:30pm Monthly Case Conference. What I expect to learn: I'd rather be at home than watching doctors drink and argue over cases.

I've officially cancelled our trip to visit the fam this weekend. Maybe next weekend. We haven't been straight home after work all week, and I'm worn out. I can't imagine driving for 2 hours after work tomorrow. I'm so grateful for the holiday weekend!

3 comments:

Supermom said...

Wow... that's a mighty long day!

From the Doghouse said...

Sounds like you had a nap at noon though!

Susan said...

It's been that kind of mighty long week.

And dozing off in a meeting does not qualify as a nap. I was out for less than a minute! I did go to bed at 9 last night, though.